What's your favorite grocery store? And how often do you go grocery shopping?
About once a week. I’m not a devotee to any particular grocery store and my preferences change depending on where I’m living. Currently, I live in the suburbs and find the following to have the freshest produce:
- New Leaf Community Markets, but they are only in California.
- Nob Hill (Raley’s or Bel Air depending on where you live). Clean store, vegetables and fruit are consistently fresh. Cereal and milk is expensive here though.
- Local Farmer’s market (but not everything there is organic so pay attention)
- Whole Foods is great for vegetables, sauces, bulk dry food, and hot foods. The fruit is pretty overpriced, and the store has a lot of crazy holistic products that are a joke.
- Henry’s Market is owned by Whole Foods! It’s a lot like it, but much cheaper with less junk :D College student fave.
- Costco is really trying to cater to the more health conscious crowd.
- I also like Asian markets, but I only go when my mom does. Will never buy Chayote Squash anywhere but an Asian market.
I’ll be living in an urban environment soon, so I’ll be frequently smaller, family owned stores in the city!