I’ll be hiking and canyon exploring in Death Valley, CA next week and I’m just starting to put together my rations and supplies. This is what I’m planning on eating during my 4 days, 3 nights trip considering I’ll have boiling water, some cooking equipment, and limited cooler space:
- Energy bar, almonds
- Oatmeal, almonds, apple, coffee
- peanut butter & banana sandwich, carrots, dried soy beans
- grilled (or not) cheese sandwich, orange, carrots
- dried plums
- Energy bar
- garbanzo beans, carrots, celery, eggs
- tuna salad, whole wheat bread, carrots, celery
- zucchini, garbanzo beans, grilled chicken sausage
plus 3-4 Liters of water a day.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions!