My first time cooking eggplant!
I don’t really like eggplant but it’s so healthy that I am trying to acquire the taste. It’s skin has the phytonutrient, nasunin, which protects brain cell membranes! Also it’s fleshy and tastes like a starchy vegetable yet only has 20 calories per cup. This was the easiest way I found to prepare eggplant:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Brush sides with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake for ~20 minutes or until tops are brown
- Season with lemon juice when done
Baking or roasting vegetables is so simple, quick, and keeps your recipes clean =) Anyone else like eggplant and want to share a recipe?