I tried Katie’s recipe from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/15/voluminous-vanilla-ice-cream/ but it didn’t come out as great as hers! Probably because I don’t know how to use my roommates Vitamix very well…not everything blends. This is why I called my creation an “Icee” instead of “ice cream.” It tastes more like a healthy slushy.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 packet of sweetener
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- Mix almond milk, vanilla extract, salt, and sweetener together.
- Freeze in ice cube trays.
- Let the cubes thaw until they can be easily removed.
- Blend in food processor or blender with strawberries.
Notes: Too cold for fall or winter nights, but I have been obsessed with almond milk lately and love Katie’s blog! Hope it turns out better for you all!
PS: See! You can have dessert everyday no matter what your diet plans are!