LOL OMGOD Advice #1: Wait until it’s warmer. jk jk okay here’s what we’re going to do:
If you have access to a gym:
- Become friends with the treadmill.
- Start by running 3 miles & walking at an incline for 30 minutes
- Work up to running for 1 hr on the treadmill
- Crank up the speed after a few days of running.
If you want to brave -35 C (-31 F)…HOLY S*** I still can’t get over this…where do you live???
- Get decked out in winter running gear my friend: good tights, beanie, headbands that cover your ears, gloves, jackets, spandex… you have to have layers!
- Do a dynamic warm-up like lunges & jumping jacks. Avoid static stretching.
- Keep moving the entire time (i.e. jog in place while at a stop sign)
- Aim for 3 miles running straight and work your way from there.
- Be careful if the roads are icy!
Does anyone have experience running in -35 C weather?! What do you do?