Sometimes you just need a break from the internet. I’ve been in a blogging-rut lately, but I have BIG news to unveil in January!!! This little bloggy is going to reach a great audience and I’ll even be leading fitness challenges with a popular magazine.
Happy New Year!
Have you been thinking of 2012 Resolutions?
Great idea! If I ever get my hands on one of those videos or find it online, I’ll try it out! Maybe other people will be interested too. It’s awesome that you know what type of cardio you like and are motivated to switch things up :)
This year I have:
- Traveled and volunteered in Peru: worked in dilapidated hospitals, orphanages, and experienced Machu Picchu
- Cooked for reals
- Moved & packed 4 times
- Learned to play the harpsichord
- Learned to not date someone I can’t see myself with in the long-run
- Joined 2 running groups
- Finished 8/160 in female 20-24 in my first Half Marathon
- Worked 40+ hours a week
- Lived without health insurance
- Trained up to running 15 miles straight
- Graduated from college: Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Lived with 4 different sets of roommates
- Visited 5 different states (Colorado, Wisconsin, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, New York)
- Applied to medical school
- Interviewed at medical schools
- Got accepted into medical school!
- Finished my research project (…ish)
- Completed 2125 minutes of Nike Training Club
- Started my blog =)
- Reached +17,000 subscribers!
- Started yoga
- Watched my parents get laid-off and struggle to find jobs
- Said many heartfelt goodbyes to my friends and mentors in San Diego.
- Reinforced my relationship with my parents, brothers, and cousins whom I’ve been estranged from during college.
- …so many more lessons learned
This has been the most exciting time of my life.
The future looks bright.
PS. I have an interview today at a school I really like! Best present ever! :DHave a great day everyone!
Greek yogurt is so popular these days! However, it’s expensive and if you don’t like the tart taste or dense consistency, there are plenty of other ways to get your protein and calcium! Don’t feel like you HAVE to eat it just because other people do.
But, if you want to give it another try, this is how I fancy-up my plain 0% fage!
- Banana + Kashi Go Lean
- Pineapple + lime juice
- Vanilla protein powder
Monday: None, missed cross-training, interview day @ my 2nd choice school!!!!!GAHHHHpray/fingers cross, left house at 6:15am and got home at 8pm…
Tuesday: None…shame shame
Wednesday: 4 miles, 15 minutes Nike Training Club/Leah Kim Dynamic Yoga Workout (great shoulder workout)
Thursday: 7 miles
Friday: 4 miles, 15 minutes Nike Training Club/ Sofia Boutella Core workout
Saturday: 7 miles
Sunday: 15 miles fml, 15 minutes Nike Training Club/Arm Definer
Notes: I realized how hard it is to work-out when you have to get up super early, and do not get home for dinner until pretty late. That’s what happened on Monday and Tuesday when I had long days. When I got home, I just wanted to relax, eat, surf the web, vent, and sleep. I tried to get some more movement in during the day (i.e. walking) but I didn’t have enough energy or enthusiasm for a full workout. However, fitness is important to me and I will try to fit it in during future busy days!
Does anyone have consecutively long-ass days? What are some of your tactics for saving enough energy for a work-out or finding time? (6am-8pm completely on the go is pretty intense!) I guess I could have done some…kegels while driving in the car haha.
omgod, but I actually managed to do 3 strength training workouts this week! (even if they are just 15 minutes long…)
A number of people have asked me about skin and acne solutions. I’m working on a post, so stay tuned!
Hey there, thanks for reading and your support! I think you’re the 2nd person ever to have called me “beautiful” lol. I get a lot of “you’re so cute,” “awww you can’t reach…*endearing look*….” Let me know what topics are of interest to you and I’ll see if I can come up with something creative :) Happy Holidays!
Thank you! Produce is so refreshing. I get a nerdy sense of pride when I see that my meals are at least half veggies =) yay!
Lots of personal changes going on in the next week:
- finishing research project
- packing & moving away from San Diego
- last group meeting presentation
- meetings with mentors
- holiday parties
- top choice medical school interview
I apologize for the low quality posts lately…but rest assured that after next week, we’ll be going through some awesome topics including:
- insoluble vs soluble fiber
- healthy holiday tactics
- yoga reviews
- expanding into other health topics (substance abuse, stress coping mechanisms)
- college nutrition notes
- inspirational photography
And I have 2 exciting pieces of news I can’t announce until end of December! GAHHH…